By Jed Weisberger
Many of you attended IWDC 2021, and, even with it being a virtual event, an incredible amount of important information was distributed and discussed.
In 2022, the IWDBA is aiming to both grow our membership and increase communication among our people with more to offer than ever before to those who join us.
If you are already a member, we’re glad to have you. If not, we’re reaching out to you.
An annual individual membership is well-worth-it at $150. A student membership is $75. Whether your area of expertise with working dogs is breeding, training, developing dogs who assist in the medical field, assist or help prevent disasters – or any other function, the IWDBA has a place for you.
As a member, you will have access to:
- Three academic journals – the official scientific research journal of IWDBA is the Journal of Veterinary Behavior: Clinical Applications and Research. The journal is published six times annually by Elsevier and is available online through ScienceDirect in addition to the Journal of Genetics and Genomics and Animal Behavior.
- Our on-line Forums, to which we would welcome discussions from your people. We offer Forums pertaining to Conditioning, Canine Behavior and Police/Military and are planning a fourth that will feature Veterinary Care and Emergencies.
- A series of on-line seminars that we are planning for 2022.
- The latest on plans for IWDC 2023, hopefully in-person in an exciting city.
- Features on what leading members are doing with working dogs.
- All other benefits, including our newsletters, which we would offer over the next year.
Information all levels of membership – individual, academic and corporate – can be found at https://www.iwdba.org/register/