Event Registration & Ticket Sales
The International Working Dog Breeding Association (IWDBA) is pleased to announce the 2023 Breeder’s Workshop “Genetically improving the whole dog”! Various ticket options are now available for purchase below.
- Breeders Workshop Only
The main event! Held on the 1st and 2nd of May without an optional Wednesday workshop session included. Topics include dicussions on the latest Health research (including hip and elbow assessments, allergies, cardiac and epilepsy amongst others); potty training and indiscriminate relieving; gaiting and structure; conditioning; improving health, behaviour and breeding decisions using EBVs; genetic diversity; measuring behaviour; puppy testing; neonatal care and so much more. Check out the Workshop program for further details.
- Breeders Workshop + Wednesday BCL Workshop
This workshop will help improve your scoring, consistency and data collection to better improve your dog assessments. Learn about conducting a consistent Walk & Talk assessment for both younger puppies and adult dogs. Practice scoring Behaviour Check Lists from both videos and live dogs with expert guidance and feedback. Check out the BCL Workshop Program for more details.
- Breeders Workshop + Wednesday Reproduction Workshop
A day to learn of research-driven best practices and approaches to the most common issues faced by organizations that breed working dogs. Topics include Semen collection, analysis, and handling; management of frozen semen; managing broods to promote successful breedings; artificial insemination; and colony management for best reproductive health. Check out the Reproduction Workshop Program for more details.
- Meal Passes
Available on an as-needed basis for family members who are not participating in the event, but would like to dine at the hotel. Note that meals are included for ticket holders per the descriptions below.
Last program update: 22nd September 2022
NOTE: Program subject to change as further details are finalized.
|Breeder’s Workshop Program:||BCL Focus Day Program:||Reproduction Focus Day Program:|
Location: 900 W Georgia St, Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
Start Date: Monday, May 1st, 2023
Start Time: Monday, 8am *Note: Sunday reception open from 6pm til 7.30pm. 30th Apr
Hotel Room Availability
Participants in the Breeders Workshop are invited to book a hotel room directly at the event venue (Fairmont Hotel Vancouver – 900 W Georgia St) at a special event rate. We have limited spaces available, so don’t miss out.
Please note the following:
- The hotel is strictly non-smoking. Fines apply and are the responsibility of the attendee.
- Deposit for one night + tax will be taken by the hotel at the time of booking.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed at the hotel. Meals are included in the ticket price for participants, however additional guests will need to purchase Meal Tickets or find alternative food options.
- Please indicate any accessibility needs or assistance animals so appropriate accommodation can be allocated.
- The standard rooms booked through this link are “Fairmont” rooms – individuals can upgrade to suites if desired.